27 July 2011

Robson Sushi... nom!

I would like to introduce to you one of my favourite spots in Vancouver. 
Robson Sushi.
Myself and my friends randomly stumbled across this place one day and ever since we have gathered there whenever we all have a day off work. No matter what adventure we will be doing that day, Robson Sushi is a must. It's an all you can eat, and trust me, we always get our moneys worth.



It's a little different to the all you can eat places back home. It's not a buffet style where you walk up to a pile of food with a plate and a smile. Here you look at the menu and write down the number of the item you want and how many orders of the item you'll need (some orders have 2 or 4 pieces). Then they bring it to you when it's cooked/chopped/prepared and you can do this as many times as you want to with as many item on the list as needed. 
I find this method better as you don't waste food (one of my pet peeves).



It's at the point now where we don't even need to call out the number to each other at the table, we all know what each of us want and what our favourite pieces are.


I've never been a fan of sushi, mostly because the only sushi I've ever had came from Yo! Sushi or Marks & Spencers... yuck! Not.Real.Sushi. There is huge Asian population over here so they know how to do it right and I'm addicted!





If any of you are about the city I'd strongly advise you go here. Most days we only spend $9.95 on an all you can eat lunch or $14.95 for dinner and as you can see from the receipt below we make it worth our while. This is a receipt between only two of us, and the 4 and 5s are orders not pieces. 


If you're not a fan or are a bit nervous about eating sushi, they also do rice, noodles, chicken and beef teriyake and a lot of vegetable options too.
The wonderful Robson Sushi is located on 1542 Robson St (Robson and Cardero) and is amazing!

Aoife x

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that looks yummy., even at 9.30 in the morning!
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SOOO in love with sushi and japanese food! *_*
    I really like your blog, I'll follow!
    If you want, come to take a look to mine too :)

    I keep reading! ♥

    Elenoir

    http://www.petiterobe-elenoir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So yummy! Looks like you had a wonderful time!
    xo, Elsie

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm LOVE sushi, and it looks like you got a great price! the way they did the

    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMMMM sushi! I am going to go beg my BF to take me for some now! Thanks!

    <3

    Ryan @thismustbetheplaceryan.blogspot.com

    ps I'm a new follower, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete