19 March 2011

Vintage Outfit - Blue Button Up Dress


A few posts back a fellow Irish girl living in Vancouver, Green of Eye Sharp of Claw, left a comment with information about a closing down sale in one of the vintage stores here in Vancouver. 
(Thank you, thank you, thank you by the way!!!!)

True Value Vintage on Robson is having an incredible clear out as the building they rent is being torn down for apartments. It's very sad as it's such a beautiful basement store but on the bright side, the bargains are incredible! I would advise you to get down there as soon as you can as I may buy everything in there.
I managed to snag a few outfits for under $100 (including jewelery) and here is one of the dresses I nearly left behind. Yes, I almost put it back on the rack. For shame!
(Please excuse the wrinkles, I was just home from work)
Breakdown:
Dress - Vintage (I know, state the obvious :p)
Belt - New Look
Shoes - Hush Puppies
Earrings - Vintage

It's a beautiful 60's/70's button-up dress and it's perfect for the spring weather coming in. It's also incredibly well made and easily one of the most comfortable dresses I've ever owned... and the pretty thing was only $18!!!

Below is just a quick peak at one of the other dresses I managed to find, this one was $20 and it's my favourite. Post on that in the future (and I may also be using it for a painting).


Aoife x

7 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful on you! lucky duck wish i could go=(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome-glad to hear you picked up some cool stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that makes me wish:
    A. Lived closer to Vancouver
    B. There would be a chance I could find vintage clothing to fit me that isn't a muu muu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also they're not closing-they're relocating to Main Street sometime in June/July

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool dress, what a find! I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great finds!! I'm excited for your painting, you'll have to keep us updated! :)

    Hope you're having an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the dress. Im very excited to check out your blog! Gutted your not in ireland but still youre an irish artist and im very excited!

    ReplyDelete