Monday, February 14, 2011

Snowboarding!!!!

There was no way I was coming to Vancouver and not heading up to the snow... I mean, c'mon! 
I had unbelievable fun. I was battered and bruised and I loved it so much. I'm definitely thinking of investing in equipment, I'm now hooked and really hungry to get better at it.
We only brought our small digital cameras just in case the snow damaged our big cameras but I still managed to catch some shots on the beautiful Grouse Mountain (which is only about 30 mins from the city center by Sea Bus).

 

If you ever get the chance to go snowboarding... do it! I simply cannot describe how fun it is and what a feeling of accomplishment you get when you go half a meter with out falling over. It's very tiring, but in a good way. I very rarely wake up the next day sore from exercise anymore and I'm still not walking or sitting up right (I love that feeling though). They also had 'snow' wheelchairs specifically designed for people with impaired mobility, which I was really impressed with.




My friend Scott managed to get a few snaps of me in action.... not bad for my first time, eh?
I had an amazing video going down The Cut but it accidentally got recorded over. Never fear, I have edited a video for you now. Nothing major (remember it was my very first time!) just me going slowly down with the camera pointed to the snow lots... sorry about that, but it's really difficult to balance unless your shoulder is pointed the right way. I'll tape the camera to my helmet the next time... promise!
Oh, and also, the rental pants I got kept popping open and trying to fall down. So, yeah...


... and yes, I embarrassingly face dived after trying to capture Jim on video, just as I was getting some footage of the amazing view. Nice.

All the falls were definitely worth it... and it's just an excuse to go back again :)

Aoife x

7 comments:

  1. What you’re saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I also love the images you put in here. They fit so well with what you’re trying to say. I’m sure you’ll reach so many people with what you’ve got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAAA HA HA HA!!! You gotta love the vague generic comment above from an online corporation (I'm guessing).

    I'm leaving it up because it's hilarious! (but definitely not clicking on it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOD! Never seen a comment like that before hahahaha! Love your video and I know that aching feeling - it's fab, though I ski, no snowboarding for me (too chicken!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a looot of fun. :)
    Have a good time in Van. XO. Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you have such a lovely voice! (That's likely a predictable comment from an American, but it's still true!) Looks like you had a lot of fun snowboarding, and the view is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm paradisaical to cerebrate so numerous adaptative noesis within the task, we pauperism fix numerous methods within this coronal, thank you for thought.
    electronic cigarette

    ReplyDelete
  7. I simply couldn’t express how grateful and happy I'm which i saw them throughout their tours.
    stop snoring

    ReplyDelete