15 December 2010

A very girlie post ...

The people who know me best know I'm 50% tomboy and 50% girlie. I like to climb things and I don't mind getting mucky in the process, but I also like to get dolled up and wear pretty dresses with bows in my hair. Sometimes, I like to be both at the same time ... I once climbed the Tramore cliff face in a maxi dress and flipflops (I did a damn decent job of it too!) and I spent most of my summer climbing over farmer's gates and exploring abandoned Irish castle ruins in a dotty skirt and grey Primark plimsolls. Yep, life's fun :D

But this post today is calling out for extreme girliness. I've decided to share my beautiful shoes that were saved from the massive pre-Vancouver declutter of my life and are coming with me in my surprisingly light suitcase. I just couldn't get rid of any of these. Would you?



1.... Are my adorable Chocolate and Ice Cream shoes. The toes have little toy chocolate squares and ice cream  scoops on top of whipped cream & waffers. These are only taken out on very special occasions.

(click to enlarge)

2.... Are my cherry blossom shoes. My favourite flower. I have a tattoo of cherry blossoms all down one side of my shoulder to the small of my back. My Mum bought these for me as a present for my college graduation after she saw me go nuts for the embroidered flowers. They also have the prettiest lace trim around the foot opening.

(click to enlarge)

3.... Are THE most comfortable shoes I have ever owned ... I've genuinely moshed, sprinted & scaled walls in these shoes. They have beautiful bows on the back and are a purple/green snake skin design. I managed to get the last pair in my size and I haven't seen these or the first two pairs for sale since. Lucky me!

(click to enlarge)

4.... Are my amazing Zombie shoes! I used these shoes in my blog banner because I have a very weird fascination with zombies (as most of you know from some of my previous creations). I walk around all day with the feeling of stomping a zombie in the face ... imagine how I feel when I skip? Similar shoes for sale here.

(click to enlarge)

5.... Are my 'interview' shoes. I love the turn-down at the front, it reminds me of Victorian spats (probably because of the buttons on the side). These will get a serious workout in Vancouver while I'm on the job hunt. 
Unlike my other heels, these 'Flick Flack' shoes are still available to buy and can be found here.

(click to enlarge)

All the heels above are from Irregular Choice and the flat Zombie Shoes are from Iron Fist.


Also, I have designed some new share buttons like the ones above. You can view them here. Please let me know when you use them so I can return the favour and add your share buttons to my sidebar too.

Aoife x

15 comments:

  1. SO JEALOUS!! I have tiny size 3 feet but they are a little wide and Irregular Choice shoes call to me like sirens in Greek legend but then damn it all, they never fit. I adore your shoes and could almost cry. Gorgeous foot tattoo too - I need more skin art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Irregular Choice shoes, I love them so! Been buying them for years. I remember wearing a savage ponyhair pair to my debs - good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Carrie, you must get wonderfully cheap shoes in sales? Thanks, that was my very first tattoo.

    I share that love Sarah! You really do 'collect' them don't you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love all of these shoes! So pretty!
    Thanks for visiting me, I'm so glad to find your blog. So much fun things.
    I found a link to the Christmas Tumbleweed tree. This little dinky town really goes all out for the thing. I think I'll go take some pics this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your interview shoes! Professional, cute, and fun. Perfect.

    P.S. Is your blog header a reference to the end of Buffy? Two thumbs up if yes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sarah, you should it's such a good idea! What a lovely thing for a town to do :)

    @Marisa Yes actually it is! Kudos for spotting that. I loved that little zombie at the end of Buffy and it was a running joke with my college housemates. Whenever something would go wrong you would say 'grrrr' without thinking and someone across the room would say 'arrrgh'
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your shoe collection! The zombie flats are my fav; so incredible.
    Thats amazing that you're moving to Vancouver! I am also taking every pair of shoes I own when I move...haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your "funny little things" that you designed made me giggle. I love that you're both retro and vintage in your art and dress style :) And I'm sure you hear this all the time buuuut... sweet tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness yes!! I LOVE your shoes, I've never seen anything like them. I'll definitely have to check out Irregular Choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Great pics
    I love your shoes (above alle the iron fist)
    Great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally understand the half girlie/half tom-boy mix! I've been known to find myself in a situation and outfit totally inappropriate for each other. But it makes the adventure that much more fun, and the pictures that much more hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog is totes extreme! I love it.

    George
    Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your cherry blossom shoes! They one of my favorite flowers as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all amazing!!! I love the cherry blossom shoes too, they're my fave! Also, your tattoo is awesome! I just got one on my foot this year and it was worth the pain :)

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete